Friday, September 02, 2005

Vintage


In that bag of clothes my neighbor gave me to go through was this adorable vintage yellow bubble suit.

I put it on Katrina today and discovered it was almost too small. She probably won't get to wear it for too long.

Here's a picture of her. I caught her mid-word saying "dog".

I had the kids up on the window seat taking pictures when Katrina accidentally knocked over one of my glass vases. I picked it up and decided while I was throwing it away in the garage, I'd take some pics out there.

I set Baby Kat down and started snapping away, but she wouldn't look at me. She kept saying, "bebe" over and over and pointing towards the back of the garage. I looked in the direction she was pointing and noticed my very old Chatty Cathy doll. I had found the doll at a yard sale when I was about 12-13. Even then, she was "old" and "collectible". I was collecting dolls at the time. I knew she wasn't worth much because she is "mute" and her condition wasn't that great. I can remember how excited I was when I found her. I had always felt I needed this doll to complete my collection.

Years later, I got rid of most of my dolls, but I could never part with the Chatty Cathy.

We brought her in, cleaned her off and the kids have dressed her. Now there is a skirmish every so often over who gets to hold her. Trent likes to put a tiara on her and Katrina likes to push her down the toybox/slide.

I feel kinda nice that Chatty Cathy is getting some new appreciation. You know you always secretly wonder if the toys talk, move and have feelings when you're not around. Admit it.

I can feel Cathy smiling inside her mute, plastic, little body.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather -- this is so wonderful! You HAVE to make into a LO! I had a Chatty Cathy and loved her! Thank you so much for sharing this and bringing back some fond memories for me!

Jocelyn said...

These pictures are so gorgeous, Heather! Kat is too cute!

Unknown said...

Oh man, what gorgeous pix! You have quite a talent with the camera,Heather. Really, really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What beuatiful pictures of Katrina! I esp. like the black and white one. Can't wait to see this one on a page.

Anonymous said...

she is REALLY cute heather!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...