Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Sneaking Tookies

The kids and I made oatmeal raisin cookies this afternoon. Although I let them split one after they cooled, I told them they couldn't have anymore until after dinner. All I've heard since then is "Cookies, tookies, cookies, tookies".

Trent can say "Cookie" but Katrina calls them "tookies".

Trent is an extremely picky eater. His diet consists mostly of quesadillas (with "orange cheese not white")Cheerios and pb&j. When he discovered we were having chicken for dinner, he nearly cried. He knew he wasn't going to get a cookie unless he ate dinner.

As soon as Erik came home, both kids raced to show them the "tookies/cookies". They were still cooling on the counter.

We sat at the table and ate our chicken pasta meal. Trent whined and fussed and said that his decaf tea was his dinner and then he would have a cookie. He didn't like it when we said "No. Try your chicken. You always like your chicken after you try it. You don't get a cookie until after you at least try your chicken."

Trent had a plan.

He got up from the table and said, "I'll be back. Don't follow me."

"No. Come back to the table."

He sighed. He knew that wasn't going to work.

That didn't stop him though. He had another plan. Plan B:

He got up again. "Ok", he said, "I'm going to check on the cookies. I'm gonna take a while."

At this statement, Erik and I tried not to giggle. Trent disappeared around the corner and I got up to watch him. He was shoving a bite of cookie in his mouth. Stinker.

Let's see, other things Trent said today:

He leaned over to me and said, "Mommy, you stink. You need to take a shower." Now that I think about it, I think this was after I made cookies. It was probably an early plan to sneak a bite or two.

At play group today, the director asked, "Who is 4 in here?" Everyone that was 4 raised their hands except forTrent.

I said, "Trent, you're 4. Raise your hand."

"No Mommy. I'm 4 YEARS."

Yes, I guess he was right.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...