Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The accidental chicken wing story

I'm going to tell you a secret. I love buffalo chicken wings. Wait, that's not the secret. It's the extra ingredient that is a secret. I accidentally discovered something else that makes them so much better.

Guests come to me with their eyes tearing and say, "Heather! These are good wings!"



I have always used The Pioneer Woman's recipe. Except that I don't fry them, I bake the wings for about an hour.

It was in between paychecks one day and we had all the ingredients for the wings except the butter. Butter is expensive and I didn't feel like going to the store just for that anyway. I searched high and low in the fridge and found half and half.

I said, "Why not?"

So, I added half and half instead of butter and it made the wings so much better. It's like the hotness stuck to your mouth longer or something. I don't add a lot of half and half (or even heavy cream) just a little bit, like 1/2 a cup or less.

In addition, I also add red pepper flakes and black pepper. I grind the pepper mill until my wrist hurts. That's when I know it's enough.

So try it out and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...