Friday, February 08, 2013

OMGosh! Is that a Wood Veneer Pig?!?

I squealed when I asked this question.

I went to Blue Moon Scrapbooking today. I was down on the floor digging through boxes of Studio Calico when I saw a small but chubby wooden pig looking at me.

I reached over for the package, almost falling over to the floor, when someone said, "There are also little puppies and kitties, too!

That's when I really squealed.

I've never heard that sound come from my mouth before and I may have scared some of the employees. I know the other shopper there looked at me funny.

I just looked at her, pointed to the package and said, "wood pigs. wood pigs. oh, and chickens!"

She smiled and walked away.

That was ok because that meant THEY WERE MINE!


I didn't even know that Studio Calico was coming out with these tiny creatures.

In the farm animal package, there are cows, horses, chickens, roosters, pigs, goats and probably more.

The cats look to be all of the same breed but they're just different sizes and in different positions.

The dogs are my favorites! There are fancy poodles, dachshunds, bazenji, maybe a chihuahua and other shapes I'm not quite familiar with.

Blue Moon isn't really a store. It's mostly a warehouse and they do on-line orders. They let us locals come in and dig through the boxes. I LOVE THAT!! I feel so at home just sitting on the floor with the girls going through boxes. It's like a treasure hunt. There are no prices on anything but I kinda know what they are as I've been shopping supplies for 10 years now.

It's my new favorite place to hang out. There's a house for sale right across the street from them. I'm thinking I should buy it and that way I can go over there every day.

1 comment:

Ohhh Snap said...

I would have been hard pressed not to squeal. They are fabulous!!! It's good to keep people on their toes (no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...