Saturday, July 12, 2014

Taking a weekend off

I feel weird not going into the animal shelter but I need a break. I guess now that I think about it, I am going there tomorrow for cat training. For some reason that feels a little different for me.

I finished up a layout I had on my desk for months and then started and completed another. It's been a long time since I have done pages just for myself. I thank My Creative Scrapbook for giving me a position on their design team. It's really given me the kick in the pants that I have needed.


This one came together in less than 10 minutes. The longest part was waiting for the gesso background to dry.

The background book pages are from The Book Thief. I was reading it until Shannon the dog shredded it. I threw away most of the book and just kept a few of the torn pages. I knew it would come in handy one of these days. And yeah, this is another example of how I have difficulty throwing crap away.

There is just something about October Afternoon that makes it all so easy! Everything just fell into place. The flowers are old Sassafras that were sitting right next to my work space. They just fit in there perfectly.


This one is also October Afternoon plus some Tim Holtz, Basic Grey and Crate. This is my son and his great grandfather both around the same age, 10 years. The picture of my son is already 3 years old!


I think I finished this one months and months ago. I couldn't decide if I liked it. After I splashed the page with red ink, it reminded me of blood and I didn't like it. But, after staring at it for months, I decided I'd just stick with the blood theme since after all the page is about jousting! :P

I believe the papers are WRMemory Keepers. Don't ask me what anything else is, please. It's been so long! There is a page ripped from the dictionary.

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Great pages - that first is my fave, can't believe you were so quick about it.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Fun layouts. I'm curious about the cat training though. Obviously you are being trained not the cats. Cats would just scoff.

A Little Time said...

Cat training was fun! We learned about cat body language and then we got to pet kitties. I did get a bit sneezy, though.

Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...