Friday, October 04, 2013

It's like Legos but worse

Since I've given up meat and most animal products, I've been stocking the pantry with a variety of nuts.

The rest of the family has been eating them, too. The kids love the pistachios and eat them constantly.

The problem is that my floor now has the occasional pistachio shell littered on it. The other problem is that my tile floor is a similar shade to the pistachio shell.

When the kids were little, I'd step on a Lego barefoot. That was painful. During the day, it was easy to avoid the Legos because they're brightly colored. The only time I'd step on one is at night.

The kids don't play with Legos as much but they do eat lots of pistachios. Now I step barefooted on pistachio shells.

NOT FUN and VERY PAINFUL!

The shells are too hard for the dogs to pick up at eat, too.

I think the grocery store bags we re-use as trash liners have small holes in the bottom where the shells can leak out onto the floor. The dogs pick them up and try to eat them but can't so they drop them all over the house and wait for me to step on them.

Or, maybe it's just the kids dropping them because they're lazy and they like to hear me scream in pain.


My mother found this macrame skeleton at a yard sale. It's the coolest thing I've ever laid eyes on.

The skeleton doesn't have anything to do with pistachios. It's important to have pictures on your blog, remember?

And besides, my mom asked me for a picture of it.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...