Saturday, January 28, 2006

Trent Talk

Stuff Trent has said from the last few days:

We were in the drive-thru getting sandwiches from a local shop on Wednesday. I was getting the kids a hot dog kid's meal. They didn't have milk, so I decided they could have some Sprite. It's not very often at all my kids get soda. It was a happy surprise for both of them. A few minutes after I handed them their drinks, Trent said,

"Look at me, Mommy! Soda helps me close my eyes!"

I turned around to look at him to see what the heck he was talking about.

He took a drink from the straw. He clinched his eyes closed. Obviously it was from the burn of the bubbles.

"Oh, yeah Trent. Look at that. How helpful."

Trent likes to talk about when he'll be older. He always says,

"Baby Kat's going to grow into a lady. I'm going to be a boy."

Today as we were getting ready for a walk, the kids were getting dressed in their coats and hats. Baby Kat was bundled in her pink winter coat with the fuzzy white hood. Trent said,

"Oh. Baby Kat a Princess, Mommy, and I'm handsome."

"Yes, that's right!"

We walked up the street first to get our mail. On the way up, a dead bird was on the side of the road. Erik pointed it out and we changed our route a bit to avoid it.

As we were walking back, Trent said,

"There's that dead bird."

"Yeah. It didn't move, huh? Do you know what the word 'dead' means?" I asked.

"Yeah, it happens." That was his response.

The phrase, "It happens" is a favorite of his. So much so, that Baby Kat has picked up on it. If you ask her a question she doesn't really have the answer to, or even wants to answer, her response is, "It happens."

I don't know where Trent picked it up from.

It was last week when out of the blue, Trent said to us,

"I want to get that farm, sit in it like a baby!"

Erik and I were shocked. He was talking about a play farm my parents had bought him...3 YEARS AGO! It was a fabric barn that folded and unfolded. He would sit in the middle of it and "ask" me (in his 2 year old way) to connect the sides. He loved sitting in the middle of it. It was a game we played everynight. I kept the barn because it was so cute, but he hasn't played with it for years.

It was just weird that he would remember something from when he was that young. It was shocking, actually.

It was a couple weeks ago when Sherry tagged me. Here are my answers. Sorry I'm so late in doing this.

4 jobs you have had in your life

1) Taco Bell
2) Payroll for many different places
3) Beer and wine bartender
4) Stay at home mom (my favorite)

4Movies You Could Watch Over and Over

1) Moulin Rouge
2) Fargo
3) Very Bad Things
4) almost any Disney movie

4 Places You Have Lived

1) Ottawa, IL
2) Tucson, AZ

4tv Shows You Love To Watch

1) Simpsons
2) Flip this House
3) Survivor
4) News

4 Places You Have Been On Vacation

1) Disneyland
2) San Diego
3) Arizona (when I lived in IL)
4) Illinois (now that I live in AZ)

4 Websites You Visit Daily

1) Down Memory Lane ( www.downmemorylaneco.com )
2) A Peek into Yesterday ( www.apeekintoyesterday.com )
3) 3 Scrappy Boys (www.3scrappyboys.com)
4) My online banking. ;)

4 Of Your Favorite Foods

1) Steak
2) Pizza
3) Cake
4) Ice Cream

Yeah, these are things that I don't eat. :(

4 Places You Would Rather Be Right Now

1) In a quiet neighborhood with no stupid barking dogs.
2) No where else.

4 Bloggers You Are Tagging

I'm not tagging anyone. These questions are now old and all the bloggers I know already have answered them.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...