Saturday, December 31, 2005

5 Years


Yesterday when Trent woke up, I told him it was his birthday today. Over the last several days, we had been talking about this day coming up.

"How old are you going to be?" One of us would ask.

"Five pounds!" he'd reply.

"Five years. Trent, you'll be a whole FIVE YEARS OLD!"

"WOW!"

Even though we had been talking about this day, he was still very excited about it now that it was here.

Later in the morning, he asked me, "Am I five now?"


"Yes you are!"

"How about now? I am five now?"

"Honey, you'll be five all day and from now on until next year."

"REALLY? Right now?"

"Yes!"

"I get to open presents?"

"Your party is tomorrow and you can open your presents then."

He seemed a little disappointed. Who could blame him? A little later when we were outside his 5 year old picture, Baby Kat came out with book she wanted me to read. I told her I wasn't going to be reading her a book as we were taking pictures. So, she sat with Trent and posed for a few.

Later when we went inside, wrapping paper was discovered all over the floor. Ooops, Baby Kat opened one of Trent's birthday presents. All this talk about presents got her eager to start tearing into them. Oh, well.

Look at Baby Kat's face. She ALWAYS has something on it. I can wipe it off, but dirt just comes right back on it. I guess that's just part of being 2.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are a master with that camera. Can you send any good pic-taking vibes my way?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...