Monday, December 21, 2009

They're all black and white


We're having a dog slumber party. My grandfather died on Friday and my parents left to help take care of the arrangements. They have two dogs - Grady and Molly.

My sister was unable to watch the dogs tonight, so I offered to take them. I guess it's a good thing that Erik was ok with this. I made the arrangements while he was out of town over the weekend.

We're going to stay up late, watch scary dog movies and pop some popcorn.

I've noticed that there is very little difference between 3 dogs and 5 dogs. They're all still in my way and I'm always tripping over them. With 3 Border Collies in the house now, I'm always being herded towards the pantry with the treats.

Since all five of them are black and white, I can never tell at first glance who is who. If someone is misbehaving, I go through all five names before I get it right.

"Zoe!"
"Molly!"
"Gigi!"
"Grady!"
"Liberty!" Oh, it's Liberty. It's always Liberty.

3 comments:

Carole Beath said...

This is such a darling photo...and I loved your story.... tripping, being herded. I have that with Heidi.
She takes one step, stops directly in front of me and looks over her head to see which direction I am going...and she does indeed herd to the cookie jar. She gets a treat for answering the door and being hostess, and she herds the visitor to the cookie jar.
Loved your photo.
Carole

It's Jenn! said...

My condolences for the loss of your grandfather. I have to say this post totally made me smile though. So funny about being herded towards the treats. It's so funny how a dog will use it's inherited traits like that. And at the end....it's always Liberty....lol. In this house, it's always Gypsy...I should have known when I named her. It means wanderer/troublemaker....hehehe. Thanks for the smile and Happy Holidays!

Regina Easter said...

Oh Heather, my condolence go out to you....Know that you and your family are in my prayers...hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...