Monday, January 22, 2007

Snow in Tucson

Ok, so this really isn't Tucson. It's actually Mt. Lemmon. The kids have NEVER been around snow before. So, that means I've never taken pictures in snow before. The pictures turned out darker than I wanted so I really messed around with them in Picasa. I added lots of fill light, saturated and de-saturated the photos, added tint...all kinds of fun stuff. ALL of these photos have been messed around with. I still think they're kinda fun, and MUCH better than their darker originals.

So, even though these pictures were taken on the mountain where there was snow, our schools are closed today. A little snow and a little ice and the whole town goes crazy. Believe me, there is no snow where I live. It was icy, though! I couldn't get the car door open this morning as it was iced shut. CRAZY!


 Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.....that is the most beautiful photo of Katrina I've ever seen!!! I can't wait to see what you do with this...your photography is simply amazing!!!!!!!

MarilynH said...

beautiful stuff!! You have some beautiful shots here!
I read an awesome book on exposure when I was learning my SLR several years ago. Over-expose in snow shots :) at the time I understood why, but I have forgotten it now, but it does work to overexpose. I've done it lol

Anonymous said...

Heather... the kids must have really enjoyed the snow! So fun if they've never seen it before!!!!

Angie said...

Fun pics! I'm so jealous! I want to take some snow pics!!!

Genevieve said...

Those are great shots of the kids! That is an amazing picture of Katrina! I can't wait to see the page you create with it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...