Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Break

It's Spring Break here and what are we doing?

Walking dogs.

Yep, there are 200 dogs now at PACC and they need to be walked every single day.

We're short volunteers so not all the dogs get to go out every day. You can usually tell the ones that don't get to go. They're still the ones barking at noon when the public comes in.

It's such a nice feeling when all the dogs get walked and when you walk through the kennels, it's actually quiet. The quiet only lasts a few seconds, but it's the nicest non-sound ever.


Here is a picture of Kat that Trent took. We had just given a dog a bath and she was in the puppy meet and greet drying it off with a towel and making it look so cute and irresistible that someone would have no choice but to adopt it. Not sure if she was adopted yet or not.


Kat and Trent walking dogs. This dog's name is Temp. She was so sweet but ended up in sick bay with a doggy cold, aka URI.

Later my father joined us and he and the kids did adoptions. I took a dog with Parvo to some vet's office on the south side of town and then picked up another one from there to bring back to PACC.

Yeah, did you read that? Parvo. Go get your dogs all their shots if they don't have them already. There is no reason for your dog to die from Parvo.

Tomorrow we're going to Pima Paws for Life. They have asked me to take photos of their newest dogs. I love that they asked me to do this. :) It's hard work but it's always very rewarding. All dogs should have good pictures that help them get adopted.

Then on Wednesday, we're back at PACC walking sick bay dogs.

One of these days, I'd like to get back into scrapbooking. I have so many pictures and so many ideas but I'm just running out of time these days.

Oh well, at least I'm sleeping better from all the walking and running around we do. That and my heart feels good. I feel like I'm finally doing something to help animals and that is a good feeling.

Take care everyone!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...