Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Katrina Couture, Part II

Katrina has always had her own sense of style. Sometimes it's a little odd and surprises me, but for the most part, I've gotten used to it. I learned a long time ago that this was not a battle I was going to fight with her (unless, of course, it involved fishnet).

Whether she's using my good cardstock to make tails,  or wearing a pink fluffy skirt with angel wings it's always her idea. Sometimes fashion ideas come to her in ways I've never thought of. For example, this outfit works because "bears eat horses". Well, of course! Why didn't I think of that?

(this is an old layout)

We found, well I should say, she found this dress at Savers this week. My first instinct was to say, "no" just because it looked old and it looked like "too much" polyester.  After a "PLEASE mom," I said, "why not". It was only $2.00 anyway.


Now that it's washed and on her, I think she did a good job. I LOVE houndstooth and I think it looks a bit vintage. She loves it and she's already received a few compliments from people in the stores we ran errands in. The girl at the bagel shop even commented that Lady Gaga is all about houndstooth these days. That comment took Katrina over the moon.

She was so excited that she even let me do some "glamor shots".



Now, for those of you thinking "Why doesn't Heather have many pictures of her son?" here is your answer. Trent was given the option of having his picture taken, too. Just as I did his sister, I suggested he sit at the end of the couch with his head towards the window.

This is what I got.

5 comments:

Karen Pinsonat said...

Bwaahaaahaaa! Trent cracks me up! And tell Kat her dress is FAB. :-)

Mary said...

Your kids are adorable!

Scrapper69 said...

LOL.... toooo cute....Your kids are toooo funny! I dooo LOVE that LO! It's lovely! and that dress is very hip! A steal for $2! :o)

Theresa

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

HeHe! It is great she has a style all her own!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

DonnaMundinger said...

ROTFLMAO! (at your DS!) Love this story! Kat is gonna be a stylist or designer when she grows up for sure! (and what a fab bargain!) xxD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...