Monday, September 20, 2010

Vultures

I saw three of these guys fighting over a dead rabbit.

I was on my way out to run some errands when I saw them. I turned around to go home and get the camera. I was so happy to see they were still there when I got back. I stopped the car a ways down the road and just waited.

They fought a little more with each other. Did you know they hiss?

They didn't like me sitting there and eventually, two of them flew away. It's just amazing to see them fly. You don't think something THAT large could actually get off the ground.

I gave up and pulled up slowly and took this picture of the last one. I was really, really hoping to get a picture of the three of them together.

From now on, my camera comes with me everywhere.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

GabyCreates.com said...

WOW! I have never seen one!!!
TFS!

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh man, those suckers are all over here. Great subject for a Halloween card, don'tcha think? xxD

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Boy aren't they ugly creatures! But how cool to happen upon it. I got a kick out of the cactus... course I've only been in the desert once in my life. Very cool pic!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...