Saturday, April 12, 2008

I've declared it a Beatles weekend

As some of you know, my friend/our friend, Kiersten, is dying. She is losing her battle with cancer. She's only 22.
Her father is reporting that she hasn't eaten or had anything to drink in weeks. There seems to be no amount of pain medication to relieve her of the pain she feels constantly. She's now starting to hallucinate. I feel so helpless. She lives so far away and I can't visit her or hold her hand or tell her how much she means to me.
Kiersten LOVES the Beatles. Over these last couple of months, her father reports that she asks to listen to the Beatles. She finds peace and comfort in their music. So, while it may seem kind of silly, I'm asking that everyone listens to a Beatles song this weekend in Kiersten's honor.
Here's one to get you started:
Have a nice weekend everyone. I'll post some more layouts tomorrow. Maybe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...